Over nine million overseas are assets of Pakistan and the government must appreciate their role in bridging the gap between exports and imports of the country. For that, the government initiated a program named the sohni dharti remittance program.
What is the Sohni Dharti Remittance Program?
The Sohni Dharti Remittance Program aims to encourage non-resident Pakistanis to use legal banking channels to send money to their families in Pakistan. It is a point-based loyalty programme in which remitters and their beneficiaries earn reward points by sending remittances through formal channels (SBP-regulated entities) and redeeming those points for free services from participating public sector entities (PSEs).
Why SDRP was necessary?
We all know that Pakistan has been in debt to IMF for years and we are not coming out of it. We are stuck in such a circular debt that we are unable to cope up with our internal situation and on the other hand, we are unable to pay it back. Pakistan’s total loan from IMF 2021 was 52.366 USD bn. We need more dollars to add to our country’s wealth. For that, there were only one solution “remittances from overseas Pakistanis”.
- Overseas Pakistanis are eligible to participate in the programme.
- The programme App will be used to register for the programme and track reward points.
- Reward points are calculated and awarded automatically.
- If points haven’t been awarded automatically, the Self Award feature can be used to generate a request for them.
- 1 loyalty point is the same as 1 PKR.
- Loyalty points are awarded as a percentage of the remittance transaction value based on the following loyalty categories.
- All members will belong in the Green category by default at the start of the Fiscal year.
Sohni Dharti Remittance Program App
1 LINK has developed and launched a mobile app for Android and iOS that allows users to register as a Remitter (a person who sends money) and earn points on remittances sent to Pakistan through specific financial channels. Remitters can enroll their beneficiaries (money receivers) and transfer loyalty points to them using the Mobile App. To know more, you can visit https://1link.net.pk/sohni-dharti/.
How to get registered to SDRP?
Sohni Dharti Remittance app is available on both Google Play Store and the Apple Store. Furthermore, the sohni Dharti Remittance app is completely secure and was developed by the Pakistani government, so feel free to download and use it. After you’ve downloaded the app to your smartphone, you’ll need to create an account to use it.
There are three SDRP award categories according to the points and how much money you have sent in the country.
|CATEGORY||ANNUAL REMITTANCE AMOUNT||AWARDING RATIO (% OF REMITTANCE AMOUNT)|
|Green||Up to USD 10,000||1.00%|
|Gold||Up to USD 30,000||1.25%|
|Platinum||More than USD 30,000||1.50%|
There are many benefits for the users of sohni dharti remittance app. Let’s take a look at them!
- PIA: Intl’ Air Tickets, Payment for extra luggage on PIA int’l flights
- FBR: Mobile Phone duty payment- personal baggage Tax payment on the purchase of locally manufactured vehicles Payment of Duty on Imported Vehicle
- NADRA: Renewal of CNIC/ NICOP
- Passport Office: Renewal of Passports
- State Life/ Mo OP&HRD: Life Insurance premium payment
- Utility Stores Corp: Utility Stores purchases
- BE&OE: Payable Fee
- FIA (non-monetary): Separate counters for priority clearance
Update on the Program
PM Imran Khan inaugurated the sohni dharti remittance scheme on 25th of November hoping that it will help the country in many ways. While addressing, PM Imran added that the government was working on a plan to give overseas Pakistanis concession in taxes as well. Through that you can invest in Princeton Farms.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!